Friday, September 24, 2010

late realization

Last Thursday I went to Pep boys to get my engine oil changed. Back then i didn't realize it but when we talked about boys being trapped in a female body and girls being trapped in a male body issue, I realized that the encounter was related to Developmental Biology. At the first glance I thought it was just a regular couple, but at the second glance I noticed some lumps on the chest area of the supposedly male partner. As I examined that person closer I realized "he" was actually a "she". It was hard to distinguish at the first glance because she was dressed in a hip hop style fashion. She wore baggy pants that showed her boxers on her rear and very loose T-shirt with a baseball cap. Other than her partial looks and voice, she resembled a typical male. She acted like a boyfriend would to her partner and portrayed manliness. At that time i thought she was just a typical tom girl, but now that i ponder about the encounter more thoroughly, I realize that she could have been a boy trapped inside of a female body. She may have been born male but was somehow surgically treated at birth and was administered with estrogen hormone supplements. Another theory would be that she was lacking the right genes to have Wolffian ducts formed. Whatever the case may be we can't find out for sure unless we have her DNA tested. I believe that I'll pay more attention to such people more than ever thanks to the developmental Biology class.

No comments: