Thursday, September 16, 2010

Reflection on the past few weeks of school

Thinking about my past weekends, I realize that I haven't been productive at all. I always planned to get ahead in school work before the weekends started but at the end of each weekend I would find myself frustrated at the fact that I didn't get anything done that I had planned. Another weekend is coming up and again I have planned to get some school work done, but I don't know if I'll be able to any of them. I am a person that needs someone to push me if I want to get anything done. I tried to read ahead or at least catch up with the materials being taught in Developmental Biology class but to no one's surprise I didn't do it. When Joel asked about conjoined twins on D2L, I looked up some information. That was the only time I actually put some input for the class. I want to complain that this class has the most homework and most assignments written down in my student handbook were and are for this class. But if I think about it, if i didn't have these assignments I wouldn't have learned about the formation of gonads on my own. The case studies actually motivated me by grabbing my attention. I was always curious about how it was decided whether an embryo would form into a boy or a girl. We have yet to learn about it completely but now I know that there needs to be many enzymes and genes present for the Mullerian or Wolffian ducts to form or disintegrate. I don't really know what kind of study method suits me the best because i have not given my best trying to study with a certain method. But I believe that I can learn things better when they are visually simulated.

I hope that i can push myself to study/read ahead so that I can put more input of my knowledge into the class. I want to be more familiar about the sexual differentiation of humans before the weekend is over.

No comments: